Click Here to Download a copy of Kaitlin Berry’s Resume
Writer · Director of Communication · Multimedia Specialist
- Creative and Strategic Storyteller with more than five years of experience crafting compelling content that drives action and awareness.
- Versatile Skill Set with experience creating content for print, digital and broadcast formats.
- Excellent Time Management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Collaborative Professional who enjoys exchanging ideas with teammates and assisting with a variety of projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Communications
- Project Management
- Reporting & Writing
- Editing & Proofreading
- Creative Brainstorming
- Event Coordination
- Attention to Detail
- AP Style
- Web Content Management Systems
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Video Editing Systems: Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Edius and Quantel
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
Drake University · 2013
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism & Mass Communication; Bachelor of Arts, Rhetoric & Communication Studies
Major GPA: 4.0 Cumulative GPA: 3.85
Magna Cum Laude; President – Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
University of Northern Colorado · Greeley, CO · September 2018 – Present
Advancement Communication Manager
Recruited to strategically communicate university goals and priorities to alumni and donors in a manner that increases engagement and leverages support for the institution. Annually develop a cohesive messaging strategy that guides content for use in alumni and donor publications. Oversee all outgoing division communications and provide guidance on messaging and style.
- Established a clear and consistent voice across all alumni and donor communication platforms including monthly alumni newsletters, donor stewardship updates, the university magazine, alumni website and more.
- Coordinated the content, design, printing and distribution of Impact UNC, a quarterly stewardship publication for UNC giving society members. Strategically highlighted stories of Impact from the institution to keep top donors informed and engaged.
- Drove awareness and support for The Campaign for UNC, the university’s first ever comprehensive campaign which exceeded its $45 million goal by more than 20 percent.
Cisco College · Cisco, TX · July 2017 – August 2018
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Established the institution’s first ever comprehensive communication plan to guide all official publications and communication efforts. Worked with college leadership to create an identifiable brand for the institution and implement corresponding style and brand standards.
- Spearheaded a complete website redesign to highlight the institution’s new brand standards, increase user friendliness and strategically grow enrollment. Coordinated all aspects of the process from concept to design, content integration and launch. Reviewed and edited all web content to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Directed a comprehensive social media campaign designed to increase brand awareness and web traffic.
- Overhauled the marketing strategy with new print collateral, modernized advertising plans and enhanced digital footprint.
City of Kerrville · Kerrville, TX · April 2016 – July 2017
Public Information Officer
Selected to help city leaders repair relationships with local media, increase visibility and build a positive image among constituents. As first ever PIO for the city, established communication best practices, bolstered social media presence and created a strategic print and digital content strategy.
- Established a comprehensive communication plan to guide the city’s external communication, increase visibility and resident participation.
- Mended a fractured relationship with local media through regular communication, outreach and transparency. Leveraged these relationships to highlight positive outcomes and garner support for a controversial public works project.
- Planned and wrote a weekly column on behalf of the city manager to keep residents informed of ongoing projects and long-range plans.
KSNT-TV · Topeka, KS · December 2014 – April 2016
Promoted to serve as the statehouse reporter for KSNT News. Responsible for brainstorming relevant and creative story ideas, explaining complex issues in a compelling manner and creating multimedia content on tight deadlines. Responded to breaking news with urgency and flexibility, actively updated professional social media feeds and cultivated relationships with state leaders.
- Selected to attend investigative journalism conference based on quality reporting and strong writing skills.
KTVO-TV · Kirksville, MO · August 2013 – December 2014
Multimedia Journalist & Interactive Content Producer
Reported important local news and events for broadcast and the web. Responsible for all components of production including gathering video, conducting interviews, writing and editing content for air. Also tasked with oversight and maintenance of station website and social media channels.
- Selected to serve as Interactive Content Producer in addition to regular reporting duties based on effective writing skills and digital experience.
- Promoted to Weekend Anchor and Producer due to professional on-air presence, organization and attention to detail.